BTS will be attending the UN General Assembly after being appointed as South Korea’s Special Presidential Envoy. In fact they’ve visited the UN a few times before.
However, what’s different from the previous times is the fact that they have now been named ‘Special Presidential Envoy’.
The ‘Special Presidential Envoy’ will serve as representatives in situations where the president is unable to attend, and they will be treated as the ambassadors of the country overseas.
BTS delivered a speech at the UN in 2018 and 2020.
Let’s take a look at the pictures of BTS’s UN visit! Kim Namjoon (RM), the 4th eldest member in BTS), was 25 years old when he gave his speech in 2018.
Handsome Taehyungie beside him.
BTS’s ‘Love Myself’ campaign in collaboration with UNICEF.
+ BTS, the youngest recipients of ‘Hwagwan Order of Cultural Merit’.
Throughout your activities up until now, what are some of the moments that you were most excited about?
Topping American charts, being nominated for Grammys, even though receiving numerous awards like this are marvelous experiences, the best moment in my life from birth till death will definitely be standing on stage and seeing ARMYs. This will never change.
And also, thank you for always putting performances and fans on top of everything.
Lastly, BTS who are the coolest when they’re performing.
1. [+326][-12] They’re country representatives, they’re attending the UN General Meeting as country representatives, that’s how impressive this is.
2. [+252][-9] Do they receive an ambassador passport as well?
3. [+238][-8] Looking forward to Cheong Wa Dae’s homepage master this time too.
4. [+83][-1] The one who’s poking their head to peek is definitely our makdungie (maknae)!! keke
5. [+77][-2] Feeling nervous already…
6. [+77][-76] Agree or disagree please.
7. [+66][-2] From now on, if someone says they started stanning after seeing them at the UN, we needa ask them which gen. Is it 2018 1st gen, 2020 2nd gend, 2021 3rd gen…
8. [+61][-2] Namjoonie, the first Korean artist to give a speech at the UN General Meeting, on the 24th of September, 2018.. He was actually very nervous so his hands were shaking, but our Namjoonie did a really great jobㅠㅠ
9. [+60][-2] Is it possible to see this beauty again?
10. [+55][-3] This is insaneㅠㅠ
President Moon Jae In has appointed BTS as a ‘Special Presidential Envoy for Future Generations and Culture’ to lead the global agenda for future generations such as sustainable growth and to expand South Korea’s diplomatic power to match its elevated status in the international community.
11. [+47][-2] In this case aren’t they essentially the representatives of South Korea globally…? I’m a multifandom who listens to BTS’s songs, they’re really the legends of legends.